Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Ayah dan ibu sama pake baju biru!"

Esha is getting good at recognizing colors (this far, it's her biggest issue) and -of course- it delights us all. She also starts to enjoy making story up for herself when looking at pictures in her story books.

But sometimes it slaps me, knowing how much she's capable of, that the people around her expect too much from her. Too many progress wanted. I remember the times when I told myself to just let her grow with nature. But it seems that the world doesn't agree with the idea. I do love the thought of her going to school, but only to socialize - not to meet any academic standards. Yet, I heard that, now, a playgroup student should be able to recognize shapes and colors then the next year should master their fine motor skill to trace dots and tell the alphabets correctly (and when I was Esha's age I spent my days playing house with my mom and grandma).

Am I too worried? Am I scared? Living this far, I should've known by now that the world never goes static and everything in it evolves and grows and asks or is being asked for more.

Whatever happens, my love, I just want you to grow happy and healthy. That's all.

0 comments:

Halaman-halaman Lain...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir